Eliminate Cavitation Problems
Boats that suffer from cavitation issues will benefit greatly from using a permatrim.
By increasing the size of the factory cavitation plate, by up to four times, and the additional benefit of the turned down sides, Permatrim reduces the chance for the propeller to draw in air that will create an air pocket around the Propeller - one of the causes of cavitation/ventilation.
By having a larger cavitation plate & the turned down sides, the Permatrim condenses/compresses the water around the Propeller helping eliminate the chance of air being drawn into the Propeller.
Common Cavitation Problems/symptoms:
- Motor revs higher & noise level increases sharply but speed decreases
- Motor could be trimmed too high, for the conditions or when transitioning to get onto the Plane.
- Disturbed/aerated water from the hull hitting the Propeller,
- Cavitation could be caused by badly placed transducer or through hull fitting
- A hollow in the hull (also called a hook in the hull), worn/bent Propeller
- From initial start – to get onto the plane, the engine seems to rev a lot but the boat stuggles to get up on the plane, you could have cavitation ventilation issues.
- Revving hard but not going anywhere.
- When cornering, the outboard motor revs up yet the boat stalls and the engine rpm & noise level increases sharply.
A Permatrim will help eliminate these Problems